General Terms and Conditions
Retreat Venue Bookings
Date: December 2021
Scope of these terms & conditions is the organization of retreats for groups travelling with own teachers by providing venues and other event and travel related services.
2) Scope of services
The tour operator and venue agent myAlgarve-Retreat specialised in yoga holidays & retreats
herafter called „myAlgarve-Retreat“, provides the services described in the course of the application.
3) Payment and liability of the application
1) The reservation/booking has to be made by one single responsible person or representative of a company herafter called „Representative“. This can be a self employed yoga teacher or the owner/manager of a studio or other companies.
– To secure the reservation for a retreat an initial deposit has to be transferred to myAlgarve-Retreat. The amount varies depending on venue selection and/or booking season and will be provided in the individual booking agreement. This amount will be either credited in the final invoice or not be refunded if the representative cancels the reservation.
– every 3 months after the reservation or – in case time period is shorter – latest 10 weeks before the starting day of the retreat the current number of booked places and names of participants have to be announced and a single booking deposit of 250€ for every new reservation has to be paid
– 6 weeks before the starting day of the retreat the Representative informs about the current number of booked places and names of additional participants. Corresponding to the final price per participant (depending on group size) at this stage all additional and final booking payments have to be made in full amount (the rest of the payment for primary reservations plus whole payment for additional bookings).
2) As soon as all payments have been received the booking is binding.
3) In case of a future rebooking of any group holidays carried out directly in contract with the initially through myAlgarve-Retreat arranged retreat venue (villas, resorts, hotels etc.) the Representative (or the contract partner he represents) pays myAlgarve-Retreat a commission of 10% of the final invoice amount of the next two rebooking’s.
4) Cancellations by Representative
We must receive your cancellation notice in writing by email, fax or overnight courier, and the cancellation date will be the date on which we receive your notice. The following regulation is valid for single participants and whole group cancellations:
- If we receive your cancellation, we will retain the initial payment deposit
- If we receive your cancellation notice 16 weeks or more prior the retreat beginning date, we will refund fifty percent (50%) of the amount of the single booking deposit.
- If we receive your cancellation notice less than 16 to 6 weeks prior to the beginning date, we will retain hundred percent (100%) of the single booking deposit.
- If we receive your cancellation notice less than 6 weeks prior to the beginning date, we will retain hundred (100%) of the final booking price
In case of Covid 19 Cancellation if postponement of concerned bookings is not possible, and quarantine is required for clients or traveling is not allowed by the governments, all payments will be refunded.
5) Packages and prices
Packages and prices are defined in the individual booking contract. Special German tax regulations for travel agencies § 25 UStG will apply.
6) Cancellation by myAlgarve-Retreat
myAlgarve-Retreat can withdraw from the contract:
- if the contracting party does not fulfill its payment obligation or does not comply with the agreed terms of contract.
- if the execution of the journey is made difficult, endangered, impaired or impossible as a result of unforeseeable extraordinary circumstances (war, strikes, riots, official orders, natural disasters, pandemias etc.). In this case, myAlgarve-Retreat will reimburse the customer for all payments made. Further claims are excluded.
7) Change of agreement
Changes or deviations of individual services from an agreed content of the contract, which become necessary after conclusion of the contract and which were not brought about in good faith by myAlagrve-Retreat, are permitted, provided that the changes do not affect the overall layout of the booked retreat. myAlgarve-Retreatr is obliged to inform the customer about changes in performance or deviations immediately. If necessary, we will offer the customer a free rebooking or a free withdrawal.
myAlgarve-Retreat organizes and books accommodation, food, airport transfer and realizes other tour operator services if agreed. myAlgarve-Retreat shall not be liable to the client or third parties for any accident, damage, loss, injury expense or inconvenience which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or is in any way connected with the yoga or retreat lessons/activities of any teacher installed through the representative.
myAlgarve-Retreat is an officially registered German tour operator. By law it has taken out a liability insurance, which covers
- personal injury up to a sum of € 10 million,
- property damage up to a sum of € 1 million and
- pecuniary damage up to a sum of € 100,000.
If myAlgarve-Retreat conveys offers from third parties, the respective liability provisions of the third party providers apply.
9) Additional agreements, written form, salvatory agreement
Verbal agreements have not been made. Changes and additions to this agreement, including this term, must be made in writing. Should one or more terms of the contract, including these General Terms and Conditions, be wholly or partially invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms. Ineffective or unenforceable terms shall be replaced by terms that come as close as possible to the legal requirements of the parties involved. The same applies to those aspects that need to be regulated which have not been explicitly or conclusively regulated by this application or the applicable General Terms and Conditions.